BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Finding the cure for glitter rash one vampire at a time...

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hellsong Excerpt

Hello faithful readers!  Its a little less than two weeks before the release of Hellsong and I am so excited!!  I feel like there should be more stuff that I'm doing, but I realize that there isn't a whole lot more that I can.  You'll either love it or hate it... but lemme tell you--- YOU WILL LOVE IT!!  And I'm not only saying that because I wrote it.  Trust me... I've never been a fan of romance novels.  But this one really is unique-- there's romance, yes.. but there's also lots of action and plot and great characters.  True love-- miracles!  ** full points to you Princess Bride fans out there** It will be released on Oct. 9th on the Sugar and Spice website (follow the lit up link) and, I believe, at Amazon.  We'll also be having a launch party where there'll be music, virtual dancing, a costume contest and readings on October 18th at Flanagan's Pub in Second Life.  I'll be posting the links to that as well.  Slip on your sexiest avatar and come join us.

All that being said, I thought that I'd count down the days until the release by putting little excerpts here on the blog that will hopefully make you hungry for more.  Seriously though, I really hope that everyone will enjoy the book as much as I enjoyed writing it.  I also hope that you all will be inclined to come back to the blog and post your thoughts about the book-- for good or ill.  I'd love to hear them.  You can also come and ask me incessant questions on my Facebook page or just come to Second Life and find Scarlett Thirdborn.  That's me.

Anyway, without further ado--- a bit of Hellsong...


*************************




Let it be known from this day forward that I, Jerome Alfonse Tibideaux, am a murderer.  I would like to be clear outright with no misconceptions that I am anything but.  I am writing this journal in confession, not to cleanse my own mind, but in case it must be explained some time in the distant future.  I have made my peace that I am imperfect.  I can only hope that a sin of mercy can be overlooked by the Heavenly Father on the day of judgement.   
Though my heritage may imply otherwise, I have never been a spiritual man.  I have seen many things in my near thirty years on this Earth, but I have never seen anything to suggest that there are ghosts, goblins, witches or loas.  I do not embrace the superstitions of my African grandmere.  You will not find brick dust at my door or a mojo hand under my shirt.  I’ve always had a little of what my grandmere called “the gift,” which I suppose was her way of saying I could see visions of the future. Until tonight, I thought that demons were just a thing used to scare folks into churchin’ up and going to confession.  That was until I watched my friend Jackson torn to bits by one.  And she was as real as the rosary beads I have clutched in my hand.


0 comments: