BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Finding the cure for glitter rash one vampire at a time...

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

11 Days and Counting...

Until the release of Hellsong.  And since I have nothing better to discuss tonight... how's about another excerpt, hmmm??  Yeah... I thought you'd be game....

***********************


The first thing I noticed was the smell.  Something like dead flowers and decayed earth just under the coppery smell of the blood, which was everywhere.  It dripped from the walls and ran in pools across the floor until I could see the canvas of my old sneakers soaking it up.  I gasped, unable to find my voice, but when the glass of gin in my hand dropped to the floor, it made a loud noise.  The woman’s head whipped around from where she crouched on the bed.  Her eyes glowed this impossible yellow color as she glared at me, but she did not speak.  Her skin looked leathery and taut under the thick veil of Jackson’s blood.  I started to move toward her, wanting to throw her off of my friend even though I was more scared than a man staring at Death himself.  

***********************

I know... not quite enough I suppose.  But as they always said on Reading Rainbow--- don't take my word for it, you have to read the book!

0 comments: