BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Finding the cure for glitter rash one vampire at a time...

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Page Phobia

Once more into the breach, dear friends.  I can report from the trenches that author Alex Christian has Page Phobia this morning.  Its not quite writers' block, but something more sinister.  She is actually afraid to look at the blank page after her marathon of just staring at it for 6 hours yesterday.  I added a few hundred words yesterday, but that's not really an accomplishment after staring at the computer for a LONG time.

Some of you may frequent online social communities.  Not blogs, but communities.  My social community of choice is Second Life.  The great and terrible thing about SL is that you can totally escape from your life for a bit.  So when I couldn't sleep and couldn't write last night-- I escaped to a Goth club in SL.  It was fun.  My little avatar shook her groove thing and the industrial rave mix was great.  But this morning I have the same crummy effects as if I had gone to a real one.  I'm sleepy and cringing at the sunlight.  Sad isn't it?  See... that's my SL avatar.  Doesn't she look relaxed? LOL

I was wondering as I write this:  Do you prefer to read blogs that have these huge blocks of text and paragraphs that seem neverending or would you rather read short and sweet blips about someone's day? Me personally, I'd much rather just read some short blip and then comment.  I get overwhelmed when I look at other people's blogs and its this fifty page opus on something useful like how to create tension between characters.  I end up skimming it.  So it really isn't that I have nothing to say, I just really don't want to create that long sigh of boredom.

0 comments: