BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Finding the cure for glitter rash one vampire at a time...

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Layout! And a werewolf sex discussion...

OK, so after much screaming and gnashing of teeth, I have a new blog layout.  Its hopefully more readable than the other one and so all the harassing phone calls from my "classic" friends will stop.  I've gone back to the Beastie story for a while.  I think I've fixed my problem and will hopefully have it ready for submission in a month.  Not as quick as I'd like-- the old girl has to go back to work in a few weeks-- but I'm trying to be realistic and put less pressure on myself.

So while I was at lunch with my peeps today, we got to talking about the incredible blech factor involved in the ending of the Twilight series.  Now, if you haven't read Breaking Dawn yet, stop reading here.  There will be spoilers.  Anyway, so we all know that you've got a combination of bestiality and pedophilia going on in that book.  And discussing that fact brought us into a discussion about whether you should have werewolves and people sex scenes going on.  Personally, that weirds me out a little.  In my book, as it stands right now, there are no scenes of a person and a wolf getting it on-- even though my werewolf has a human consciousness-- it just creeps me out.  But does that take away from the nature of the werewolf, therefore figuratively cutting his balls off??  I mean, I complain that the Twilight vampires have no teeth and therefore, no balls.  So should it not be what's good for the goose is good for the gander?  I'm not sure.  But I will say this-- most erotica publishers that I've spoken to say that they don't like that.  Its too close to bestiality for them.  So what do you think?  Would a love scene between a werewolf, in all his wolfy glory, and a human turn you off?  Hmmm.. food for thought...

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Laurell Hamilton has a bit of that going on, well maybe more than a bit of that going in the Anita Blake series. It is the way she choreographs the books I think that makes it all work. But the possibility for doing it tastefully does exist. Yes, I know I am a freak.

Lexxx said...

You are absolutely not a freak, Tams! I've been thinking about it. Still not sure how I feel about it. We'll see what happens.