BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Finding the cure for glitter rash one vampire at a time...

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Morning honey...

Well folks, its a new day and I am excited.  Hopefully I can add to my wordcount today and have time to clean my house.  You know how it is... just after vacation and everything's just kind of sitting on any available surfaces.  Oh well.  It'll get done.

So it was brought to my attention that Beauty and the Beast is NOT a Brothers Grimm fairy tale.  Just thought I'd announce it since it was so important that it had to be looked up and corrected.  However, I believe that the version of Beauty and the Beast that I was reading from was in a large book entitled "Grimm's Fairy Tales."  However, as I always say, "Those people are dead, its public domain-- who gives a happy fat rat's ass?"  

Which brings me to something else that I've been reminded of in the wake of being rejected by a freakin' Livejournal group.  I think there are an awful lot of people out there that take pleasure in simply writing about writing and criticizing others.  I've been through lots of blogs lately and that's what I've found-- especially in Livejournal.  All these people sitting around in groups talking about doing things, but never doing them.  It bothers me a little.  Because I know that many of those folks probably have a lot of potential, they're just scared to go out on a limb and do it.  Probably because they're afraid of being rejected by a Livejournal group or being publicly critiqued.  Simply put-- its easier to pretend to be a writer than actually being one.  There... *stepping down off my soapbox* I've said it.

As I step ever closer to my release date in October, I find myself thinking more and more about promotion.  Any ideas out there?  Cuz I'm drawing a blank.  But in the words of Scarlett O'Hara... I'll just think about that tomorrow.  For now I've got another manuscript to finish.

0 comments: