BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS
Finding the cure for glitter rash one vampire at a time...

Friday, June 18, 2010

Some progress...

So I've made some progress on my layout. It only took me until 3 A.M. looking at a bunch of templates online to find one that I can live with until such time as the part of my brain that processes HTML comes to life.


On the writing front-- have you ever wondered why you're the most productive at one particular place? For example, some days I can sit in front of my computer at home, the wiener dog yipping around my ankles (and sometimes taking a ginormous shit under the desk) and write 3,000 words. Other times I can sit here all day and barely squeeze out 300. But I can always-- ALWAYS-- write at the Starbucks. I don't know if its the caffeine, the pretentious air of all the people sitting at tables with their laptops and java, or the dulcet tones of the bean grinder devouring a billion coffee beans at once. But I always walk out of Starbucks with at least 2,000 words gleaming in my notebook. If I could mimic that same productivity at home, I'd have written at least 3 novels by now.

My point is this. Find a niche and do what works for you. It may be insane. It may be unconventional-- but do it. JUST WRITE. It doesn't matter if you have to hang upside down with your netbook strapped to your chest. If it works, don't knock it.

0 comments: